Subject: P4 CG6 and NetBSD-1.2 (fwd)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@hp817.speedware.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/08/1996 09:32:52
Hi
 I was using NetBSD with my old bwtwo framebuffer on my
 sparc 4/110. I have since upgraded to a CG6, and have a strange
 problem. When the card is detected during boot, normally, text
 is written to the screen from left to right, with each line scrolling
 upwards.

 What happens is that as soon as the cg6 is touched, the line following
 the cg6 detection is written vertically from the middle of the screen
 in a decending fashion. Then the console display locks up. It looks
 like the kernel keeps loading, assuming that is the disk activity
 that is going on.

 Does anyone have any ideas as to the problem,I have tried the
 1.2 generic kernel that is presently in the sparc directory on
 ftp.netbsd.org.

 Thanks

 Chris