Subject: Re: 1.1 binaries under 1.2a (abrown) kernel on SS-5?
To: Scott Bertilson <scott@nts.umn.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/24/1996 17:33:35
On Wed, 24 Jul 1996 15:11:26 -0500
 "Scott Bertilson" <scott@nts.umn.edu> wrote:

 >   I'm new to this game so there is probably something in the documentation
 > that I haven't read - apologies if so.  I loaded the 1.1 SPARC binary
 > distribution onto a disk, loaded Aaron Brown's kernel, and booted.  It
 > comes up but numerous things give "bad system call - core dumped".  The
 > README implies that 1.2 will provide better system call emulation and
 > doesn't mention any caveats about 1.1.
 >   Any hints or suggestions would be most appreciated.
 > 						Scott

...better system call emulation with other operating systems... :-)

Err, what programs seem to suffer from this?  Is it possible for you to
run ktrace at all?  That would tell us which system call loses.

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --
Jason R. Thorpe                                      thorpej@nas.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center                              Home: 408.866.1912
NAS: M/S 258-6                                         Work: 415.604.0935
Moffett Field, CA 94035                               Pager: 415.428.6939