Subject: Re: Tape drive working?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/22/1996 11:38:44
>>>>> "David" == David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca> writes:

David> 	Cool.  After not having my QIC-150 drive work for a long time
David> with port-sparc, it is now happily running along.  However, it
David> will never read or write a tape on the first try.  Once I've
David> tried once, it then does everything pretty well fine.  The
David> following is from my dmesg output:

	Sorry to follow up my own post, but the actual dmesg output in
question is attached here.  I think the messages that I included
previously were from a bad tape.

st0(si0:4:0): illegal request, data = 00 00 01 32 00 00
st0: cannot set selected mode

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |