Subject: HELP Again: Getting NetBSD-sparc to boot from the network
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian <PLAZAS_CHRISTIAN@mercury.csg.peachnet.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/11/1996 14:31:35
Hi again,

    Thanks for all the responses I got... It turns out my exports
file on the server was screwed up.  Now I have another problem.  The
sparc gets the the netbsd kernel from the server and loads it up and
probes the devices etc..but it gets to a certain part and dies.  Here
are the relevant parts of the output:

    nfs-boot: using network interface 'le0'
    nfs-boot: client-addr = 0xa81ac148
    nfs-boot: server-addr = 0xa81ac113
    nfs-boot: hostname = athena
    root on mars:/usr/export/root/athena
    WARNING: clock gained 66 days -- CHECK & RESET THE DATE!
    swap on mars:/usr/export/swap/athena
    panic: rminit swap
    syncing disks...done
    frame pointer is at 0xf80f9c30
    call traceback:
    pc = f80d7384 args( *bunch of numbers deleted*  )
    .
    . *more numbers*
    .
    pc = ffe94814 args( *bunch more numbers  deleted* )
    rebooting

 I have no idea what is happening at this point.  The command I used
to boot the system was: boot le()netbsd -s
Can somebody please help me?

Thanks,
C.P.

Christian Plazas <plazas_christian@cc.csg.peachnet.edu>