Subject: Re: restore dumps core on different filesystems
To: None <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/09/1996 10:48:32
> Also, every now and then, I have this horrible problem of NFS locking
> up solid, which means that I can't do Netscrape at all because it will
> lock up my IPX.  It's a long story, but I remember seeing this as a common
> problem.  Just to alert the rest of the gang:  the NFS hang problem has
> not gone away, and I'm not entirely sure where it's hanging.

If you can provide more details on this, please do. Please tell me (
and anyone who has NFS problems) what kind of server you're using,
try to see with tcpdump what's happening on the wire, provide a ktrace,
etc.

But first of all: try the latest sup, a couple of NFS problems are fixed
in it, though I doubt that they were your problems.

Also.. does the client hang after a server reboot?

(followups to either current-users or just me if you have info I guess,
this is more than just a port-sparc issue).

- Frank