Subject: Re: Missing serial characters
To: None <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/01/1996 14:39:50
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl> writes:

[About single character losses on sparc serial]

Paul> Configuration is a Sparc ELC, running 1.2-beta binaries and a
Paul> -current kernel.

Paul> Anyone else who has problems like this? Is this a know problem?
Paul> Fix?

	I remember seeing that on my 4/260 when I was using a serial
console for it.  I havn't tried it recently.  One reason that I got a
cheep PC was that I wanted better serial performance (the PC now
handles the modem).

	For me, it was almost reproducable.  It would drop the same
character in the output of 'ls -l' every time... or most times.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |