Subject: Missing serial characters
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/30/1996 19:00:24
Hi everyone,

Lately I've been using my Sparc quite a lot with a terminal, and it
seems that it fairly often loses single characters.
For instance, very often the `b' from bash$, the prompt, doesn't
appear on my screen, and often when doing an ls there will be some
(one or two) lines that have a single character missing.
The problem behaves the same, usually, when I repeat the
command and the same chars are dropped. With a different baudrate
the problem is still there, but at other positions, it even occurs
at 300 bd with an unloaded machine. And I've tried with different
terminals, and they behave the same, the termcap-entry doesn't
change things much, either, nor the shell I use.
The console or Xterms don't have this problem.

Configuration is a Sparc ELC, running 1.2-beta binaries and a
-current kernel.

Anyone else who has problems like this? Is this a know problem? Fix?

Regards, Paul.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
 "Read some Kerouac,  and it put me on the tracks,  to burn a little
    brighter now"    - Torch song, Clutching at straws, Marillion.