Subject: Re: General query about NetBSD/sparc
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/1996 19:45:32
On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, Jukka Marin wrote:

> > As I recall, INN likes to mmap() a bunch of files.  If true, it will
> > run head-on into the cache coherency bug I alluded to above; you may
> > have to turn off use of mmap, if INN can be so configured, or switch to
> > some other news system, if not.
>
> INN can be configured not to mmap() the active file.  I have been running
> INN on NetBSD since 1.0.

It can be, but under 1.1 it need not be. I've been running a news server
under 1.1 using mmap on the active file for over a half year now.

One of the routines does have to have an msync() call added to it.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.