Subject: autoconf.c requires Sun4c || Sun4m
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/1996 20:17:55
	I was building out of the current (June 22) tarballs, and came
up against another place where the kernel coompile depends on Sun4c or
Sun4m being defined.  It's in autoconf.c around line 1179.  'ca' is
not defined unless Sun4c or Sun4m is.  This causes the kernel build to
fail.

	I checked the source archive that I use (ftp.eecs.umich.edu)
and the code was the same there.

	It begs the question how many people out there are using
'plain *old*' sun4's.  And of those people who have the older
machines, how many of them are actually bother to take out the Sun4c
and Sun4m defines for their machines.

	The reason I care about this is if people are not using the
kernel in this configuration (with only Sun4 defined), then I'm much
more likely to be running into bugs when I try it --- which is
unfortunate on my allmost-production machine.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |