Subject: Re: edlabel
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/26/1996 19:22:29
> Can I suggest we include gwr's /sbin/edlabel (written for the Sun3
> port) with the install package for the sparc port?  I just set up a
> Sparcstation 1 with 1.1, but ended up having to set up the label on
> my Sun 3/60 because disklabel can't generate a label that the Sun
> boot proms like.

Would it help?  edlabel just uses DIOCWDINFO with a NetBSD "struct
disklabel", counting on the driver to massage it into a Sun-compatible
disklabel if it chooses.  This is exactly what disklabel does if you
don't use -r.  (Plug time: my "sunlabel" works Just Fine to write
Sun-compatible labels, now supposed to work even on little-endian
machines...though I don't think that version is up for ftp yet.)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu