Subject: Re: X11R6 for 1.1?
To: Charles Lepple <clepple@thor.tjhsst.edu>
From: Jack Culpepper <jack@muddcs.cs.hmc.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/26/1996 12:56:43

> In message <199606260451.VAA14432@muddcs.cs.hmc.edu>, Jack Culpepper writes:
> >I've got 1.1 running on an IPC, and it works great!  I haven't, however, got
> >X working yet, and I was wondering if it was because I'm using the wrong
> >binaries.  I grabbed the ones for 1.0 from:
> >
> >ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/binaries/NetBSD-1.0/sparc/X11R6
>
> Hmm... not NetBSD-1.1/...?

Nope, not NetBSD-1.1, because there aren't any sparc binaries for X in there.
I have a feeling somebody might have overlooked their availability:

==============
ftp.netbsd.org
==============
ftp> pwd
257 "/pub/NetBSD/packages/binaries/NetBSD-1.1" is current directory.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
i386
226 Transfer complete.
6 bytes received in 0.042 seconds (0.14 Kbytes/s)
ftp>

They aren't in /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.1, either (that's the distribution).

> >Anyways, I get a load of errors when I try to 'startx'.  Do I have the correct
> >binaries?  If so, I suspect operator error, and will work on it some more =).
>
> What kind of errors?
> If you just want a bunch of Sun4c (isn't that what an IPC runs? I forget.)
> binaries, I have them on one of the NetBSD machines at school. Access can
> be granted if you want. They work fine on our SLC asn ELC machines.
>
> -Charles Lepple
> clepple@foo.org

I have the 1.0 binaries.  My question is, are there a different set for 1.1?
If so, I would like to grab 'em, so I don't have to spend time cajoling
outdated ones to run on my 1.1 machine.  I seem to remember there being 1.1
X binaries for the Mac port, but I may be mistaken (haven't played with it
for a while).  Sun4c is right.

Thanks!

Jack