Subject: Re: ELC with pc532
To: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/20/1996 17:25:34
   	Ok, I've put a NetBSD/sparc 1.1B root filesystem image up
   	as ftp://ftp.southern.com/netbsd/root.fs.gz

heh.  i was already preparing the netbsd/sparc 1.2 miniroot.

it is available from

ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc/install.  in here are 3
file system images:

-rw-rw-r--  1 mrg  netbsd   472279 Jun 19 23:49 boot.fs.gz
-rw-rw-r--  1 mrg  netbsd   469100 Jun 19 23:52 micro-12.fs.gz
-rw-rw-r--  1 mrg  netbsd  1728607 Jun 20 00:12 xxx-12.fs.gz

the README below explains their purposes.  please let me know
how this works.

thanks,

.mrg.

There are 3 files here.  One is a kernel boot floppy image,
one is a microroot filesystem image, and one is a miniroot
filesystem image.  The first two go together.  You boot from
the boot disk, and when it ejects that floppy, you put in
the second and press return.  Then NetBSD loads that
filesystem into RAM and uses it as the root device.  The
idea is here to allow disk formatting, etc.  The final
filesystem image is larger than a floppy and is the full
miniroot used on several NetBSD ports.  It is planned that
the microroot will automagically load the miniroot for you
but at this point, you need to load it manually into the
swap partition and then boot it.

Please contact mrg@NetBSD.ORG with problems.