Subject: Re: Question
To: Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@iqm.unicamp.br>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/17/1996 10:34:02
On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Pedro A M Vazquez wrote:

> Hello
>
> 	I have an old Sparc1+ with 16M RAM which lost its 104M Quantum
> disk and now I found a 2.1G NEC disk. I would like to make this machine
> a small pcserver (samba, pop3, etc) using NetBSD.
> 	Any problems, sugestions ?

	Sounds like a good idea. All you need is a way of getting the OS
	onto the disk (I assume you do not have a bootable disk for the
	machine). Do you have any other unix box you could connect to the
	same ethernet as the sun, so you could boot it diskless?

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.--- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          Too drunk to care          |     The hell of the night before    |
|  Looked like death, felt like Hell  |    I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ Been the worse for wear ------'--- And still I'll drink some more --'