Subject: Re: PFU,S-4_20H supported?
To: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCTCcxOhsoQiAbJEI/PxsoQg==?= / MINOURA Makoto <minoura@flab.fujitsu.co.jp>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/14/1996 07:54:48
On Fri, 14 Jun 1996 14:52:36 +0900
 =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCTCcxOhsoQiAbJEI/PxsoQg==?= / MINOURA Makoto <minoura@flab.fujitsu.co.jp> wrote:

 > Aaron> <sorry about the lateness of this reply--I got lost when
 > Aaron> port-sparc was truncated>
 >
 >   I've tried, and given up :-(

If you're referring to the list, it _should_ be fixed now... I was able
to restore it to a somewhat sane state...

 > Aaron> HyperSPARC support is, in general, missing/untested in
 > Aaron> NetBSD-current. I know of several cache-type bugs that need to
 > Aaron> be fixed before it will work.
 >
 >   Bugs of chip or NetBSD?

Technically, it's a bug in NetBSD.  However, the bug arises from the fact
that the code to handle the HyperSPARC is, quite literally, a guess,
probably due to lack of documentation and hardware.

 >   Is there a plan to fix this bug before the 1.2 release?

I'll let Paul and/or Aaron answer this ... really, it depends on how much
time everyone has (including yourself, to test stuff :-) to work on it
before the release... (i.e. the release engineer, JT Conklin, would
_probably_ let a change like this into the release branch late in the
game...)

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --