Subject: Ethernet crashing on I/O (sup, telnet, etc.)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/31/1996 21:52:34
	I'm still having ethernet problems with ie1 on my Sun4/260.  I
am currently unable to sup the most -current version since sup will
crash the system just after it retrieves the list of files to get.
I can also cause a panic by telnetting into the Sun (from my 386 box)
and doing an 'll'...

	The one common thing that I'm seeing to all the 'trace'
outputs from 'DDB' is that there is both an ethernet output and
ethernet input function in the trace, and they end with a memory
access fault.

	If someone needs more details, this bug is simple to
reproduce.  I have done it with telnet, sup, and with uucp-over-ip.
The machine seems to live under a moderate load of NFS traffic
(currently, the 386 gets /usr/share and /usr/src from it, and I have
run a somewhat successful build this way).  However, I can make it
crash *every* time with the telnet.

	I'm a little short of digging time this week, but I may take a
look at it if and when I catch up on my email.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |