Subject: Reselect failure with esp controller
To: NetBSD Sparc <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/13/1996 20:16:38
Whenever I try to use a scsi-disk in combination with my ESDI-behind-
scsi-bridge I get a "esp0: RESELECT: 7 bytes in FIFO!". Is this a problem
with the esp code, a problem with the esdi adapter (it is the Emulex
controller used in sun's shoebox) or a result of the combination of the
esp controller and the esdi disk?

If, as I assume, this is the result of the Emulex controller not
supporting reselects properly, can I disable the reselect code and let
each transfer to one disk complete before another transfer on another
disk is attempted? This would allow me to transfer my current
installation to a real scsi disk at least.

Peter