Subject: Re: How do I get it instlled?
To: None <ganderson@os2bbs.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/13/1996 06:27:52
> With apologies to those that remember seeing this message before, I
> am resending it to the list since the copy I got back via the list
> was quite garbled.

[...]
>  happen.  I've read the install.doc for NetBSD and it also
>  possible to install from tape, but does not
>  done.  If anyone has any ideas about how
>  document that details the process, I
>  disk is not partitioned, andnote that the
>  a real 'from the ground up'o this would be
[...]

The reason it appears garbled is that your lines have carriage returns
partway through them.  Upon replacing every carriage return with a ^M
(ie, a two-character ^-plus-M sequence), here's what I see:

> I would like to run NetBSD 1.1 on it, but I can't seem to figure out how
> to get the system to boot NetBSD, or some installation routine, from
> tape.^M It appears that this should be possible, since the OpenBoot ROM
> will allow^M booting from tape, but I don't know what to put on the tape to
> make this^M happen.  I've read the install.doc for NetBSD and it also
> indicates that it is ^M possible to install from tape, but does not
> elaborate on how exactly this is^M done.  If anyone has any ideas about how
> to do this, or can point me to a^M document that details the process, I
> would appreciate it.  Please note that the^M disk is not partitioned, and
> is from a non-Sun machine, so this would be ^M a real 'from the ground up'
> install.  I should also mention that I am not very^M familiar with Suns,
> but I have a Intel-based machine running FreeBSD 2.1,^M and I work
> (occasionally) with an SGI running IRIX at work.

I note in your letter a header

Maybe you need to switch mail UAs, or at least fix its configuration.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu