Subject: Re: Latest source...
To: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/07/1996 17:38:38
>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org> writes:

Mike> At 09:40 AM 3/7/96 +0000, Neil J. McRae wrote:
>> Refer them to the RFC on hosts on the internet which specifically
>> states all host must have reverse DNS. Failing that change your IP
>> provider they must suck.

Mike>         Yes, I should have done this, but for some reason, this
Mike> just stopped working recently.  As far as I know, they're a one
Mike> man show running the ISP part of their bussiness and incompetent
Mike> as hell.  At any rate, soon after I posted the message, they
Mike> fixed the problem, so it's no big deal anymore.

	Speaking as a fellow Canadian, I know that a number of
Canadian sites have been affected by what seems to be to be a turf war
between MCI and Sprint... having  something to do with the number and
granularity of routes on their routers growing too large (which is due
in part to the way the Canadian agency that gives out numbers
allocates them).

	Basically, our site (PCI) is affected such that trying to
reverse lookup doesn't work for some sites (closer to sprint?), but
does for others.  Our ISP is working on it for us... but we're still
annoyed about it.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |