Subject: Re: Feb. 29 kernel
To: Jonathan O'Brien <obrien@phoenix.sfsu.edu>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/03/1996 00:21:08
> esp0 targ 4 lun 0: <MICROP, 1588-15MBSUN0669, SN0C> SCSI1 0/direct fixed

> The other interesting new event is I now have a disappearing
> file problem. On sd1, whenever I add or remove files, all the other
> files in that directory disappear. If I unmount the drive, fsck, and

I have reason to believe that this drive contains a SCSI protocol bug.

I'm extending the scope of this message to current-users to enquire
about other Micropolissen of the same vintage (this one abviously has
a Sun stamp in it) that seem to behave strangely.

Meanwhile, try adding

       {{T_DIRECT, T_FIXED,
         "MICROP  ", "1588-15MBSUN0669", ""},     SDEV_AUTOSAVE},

to the scsi_quirk_patterns[] table in scsi/scsiconf.c.

-pk