Subject: SunOS compatibility question
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/29/1996 20:07:08
Hi all,
well I'd tried to use a static library targeted for SunOS system under
NetBSD1.1/Sparc. And it appears that I can't use it: some .o files in
this pecular lib use the syscall vhangup() and some other use the
array _iob[]. I can get around vhangup() by linking with a vhangup
'emulation' (well I think) but the _iob[] stuff is much more
problematic.

Is one of you have any idea ? Of course I don't have the sources of
this lib, and well I don't really expect that the _iob[] problem can
be worked out, but before asking my vendor if he can produce a
NetBSD/Sparc version of his library I thought I should ask here...

Cheers, Stoned.