Subject: argh, spoke too soon
To: Marshall Midden <m4@unet.umn.edu>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/26/1996 21:06:33
>>>>> ""Marshall" == "Marshall Midden" <m4@unet.umn.edu> writes:

Marshall> I was doing a "mt /dev/rst0 offline", and an ls hung on the
Marshall> disks that are concatenated... .

Marshall> ps output: 422 0.0 0.4 252 140 co D+ 2:04PM 0:01.43 ls -F
Marshall> 93_08 93_09 93_10 93_11 93_12

Marshall> Note: the controlling terminal is hung (console), but I can
Marshall> telnet into the box.  I can't kill -9 or anything.  *sigh*.

	This is what has been happening to me lately.  I have often
observed it on one or more of the overview process of cnews, pppd,
uucico and cc.

Marshall> reboot time.

	Right... but I'm having problems with that too :(.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |