Subject: pfour code...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/1996 01:50:56
[ CC'ing port-sun3 because the 3/60 has a pfour slot and this code would
  be useful there, too ... especially the overlay plane stuff. ]

I've been chatting with some 4/100 users, some with bwtwo, some with
cgsix, some with cgfour pfour framebuffers.  Apparently, my pfour code
works correctly with the bwtwo, including rconsole.  haven't heard about
the cgfour or cgsix yet.  I imagine the cgsix will work Just Fine .. the
pfour cgsix looks just like an sbus cgsix.

I imagine my earlier cgfour code will lose; I found a couple of bugs
later by inspection.

After a chat with Brad Spencer, I got ambitious and decided to try and
hack in support for attaching the overlay plane on the cgfour and cgeight
as a bwtwo.  I think I have this right.  In the process, I pulled out a
lot of common code that frobs with the Brooktree DAC and put it in
bt_subr.c.

I have an updated 4/100-specfic kernel on my FTP server, and have a shar
file containing my diffs relative to -current a couple of days ago.
Anyone who wants to try them out, please do and let me know how they work.

Someone told me that the 4/300 has a pfour slot for a framebuffer, so if
this is the case, I'd like to know if it works there, especially.

Anyhow, the stuff can be found at:

	ftp://ftp.sj.xenotropic.com/pub/sparc/

-rw-r--r--  1 2158  0     621 Feb 24 09:37 README
-rw-r--r--  1 2158  0   67085 Feb 24 09:36 framebuffer.shar
-rwxr-xr-x  1 2158  0  471484 Feb 24 09:36 netbsd-4_100.gz

Don't beat up that link too hard ... it's just the 14.4k modem that
connects my apartment to the world :-)

Jason R. Thorpe                                      thorpej@SJ.Xenotropic.COM

           Just me and my collection of obsolete computer gear(s).