Subject: Re: Solaris emulation
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/20/1996 19:07:46
>> Or should I try to convince xlock to use NetBSD's X libraries (but
>> these are X11R6, whereas Solaris's are X11R5, there are likely to be
>> incompatibilities) ?
> I'm no expert on this, but I have run R5 applications with R6
> libraries without problems.  My guess is that this is the way to go.

I would expect problems, but not because of the R5/R6 mismatch.  I
would expect problems because the NetBSD X libraries expect to run
under "native" netbsd syscall emulation, whereas it will actually be
running with Solaris svr4 emulation.

Or is this more an issue with libc, and libX11 will just get services
from libc and not care that they're coming from the Solaris libc?

Another possible source of trouble would be finding a ld.so that can
deal with both Solaris and NetBSD shared library files.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu