Subject: Re: Support for 4/330 with frambuffer
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/17/1996 00:05:51
On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

> > Is the frambuffer connected to the cpu-card on a 4/330 unsupported by
> > NetBSD?
>
> This might be one of those esoteric framebuffer devices you can hook up to
> VME machines. What does it look like, ie. how many VME slots etc.?

Well, none or one depending on how you count. It is connected directly to
the cpu card, but physically blocks one vme slot. The connection to the
cpu seems to be a "p4" bus type. (I am not all that knowlegable in bus
architectures). The bad thing is that there are only three vme slots in
the machine, two of which are taken by the cpu and the frame buffer,
leaving only one slot for fun stuff like xy-controllers and the likes.

Are any framebuffers which could be connected to this bus useable by
NetBSD? Or, could such a card be put in, say, a SS1?

Enough rambling from me now.

Peter