Subject: Re: SPARCstation 1 and Archive Viper 150
To: None <neil@domino.org>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/11/1996 15:38:28
>>>>> "neil" == neil  <neil@domino.org> writes:

neil> On Fri Feb 9 18:38:27 1996
neil> formail.TCPBRIDGE.FS3.FAA1.STEVENG%smte@formail.formation.com
neil> wrote:

	[about tape problems deleted]

neil> Forget it. I can't get a tape drive to work reliably on the
neil> sparc port.  DAT dies miserably, an old Sun Viper dies, an
neil> Exabtye dies too.

neil> I can get the viper to work but it is very delicate and I'm not
neil> about to use it for reliable backups...

	While relselect does not work for me (I believe it's  due to
emulex drrrives), I have successfully got the stock 60 meg tape and a
newer 150meg Viper (similar to the origional writers) to work (albeit
slowly).  I'm running a Sun4/260 --- which uses the si driver.  Yours
might be different.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |