Subject: dual disk improvement
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Open Carefully -- Contents Under Pressure <jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/09/1996 13:12:15
Someone pointed out that I probably have crufty hardware on my SS1+ which
is (or, rather, was) causing the disks to go haywire with a whole bunch
of RESELECT errors.

I don't know what happened over the last week, but I do know that with a
full sup of the ksrc-sparc part of the tree, and a kernel rebuild, the
severity of the problem has at least approached a tolerable level.

'fsck -p' at boot time still fails, but only on one filesystem instead of
four, and this kernel has yet to panic.  I can now successfully run X
without having to worry about the parallel disk accesses causing too many
problems, and the kernel doesn't sit there for 5 seconds between reselects.

So, whosoever you are, kudos.  You've made a wolfosaur very happy. :-)

				--*greywolf;
--
D.A.R.E* to keep Microsoft off computers.
(* Diskette Abuse Resistance Education)