Subject: Re: new kernels being weird (and small..!?), files fading in and out.
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/08/1996 21:36:50
On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

> > with no errors.. strangely enough, the kernel that was produced was 200k
> > smaller than I've ever seen a sparc kernel before, running in at
> >
> > -rwxr-xr-x  1 plunky  frogs  862998 Feb  4 23:36 netbsd*
> >
> > has something changed in the last month that would have caused this?
>
> No.  Did you change your kernel configuration file?

I did do some messing around with the kernel configuration file, but I
think that was before I built the kernel that is OK - the only thing I
changed after that was to comment out the

#options		DDB,DEBUG,DIAGNOSTIC	# extra kernel debugging

line, as I was getting irritated at being dropped to the debugger instead
of the PROM monitor on L1-A

> I suggest bringing all of the source files up-to-date, and try again.

will try that, this weekend (at 9600 bps, yippee!)

]ain