Subject: Re: scsi device configuration
To: None <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Scott L. Burson <gyro@zeta-soft.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/05/1996 14:12:11
   Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 07:01:02 -0500
   From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>

   >>> or the (supposed) inability of the normal kernel to mount anything
   >>> else than /dev/sd0a on /.
   >> I think "config netbsd swap generic" (you actually want "root
   >> generic", but they go together - something else that needs fixing)
   >> works now, though I'm not sure.
   > But supposedly this generic option prevents the use of a second swap
   > device.

   Probably; I rather doubt "swap on generic and sd1b" would work.

   A good project for some ambitious kernel hacker. :-)

Even better would be `swapon', and the ability to declare swap partitions in
`/etc/fstab', as in SunOS.

And then there's swapping to files...

(I know, I know, if I want it, I should write it :-)

-- Scott