Subject: sun4m kernel testing
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan O'Brien <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/09/1996 00:21:50
OK, I went out and briefly tested the sun4m kernel on a few of the
different machines I have. Here's the results:
Model PROM Rev. Result
LX 2.9 3,4,5
SS10 SX 40Mhz w/Cache 2.13 2
SS5 85Mhz 2.15 1
SS20 50Mhz w/Cache 2.15 2
SS20 100Mhz HyperSPARC RT625 2.22 6
SS10 40Mhz w/Cache 2.10 3,4,5
1. panic: bootstrap: could not get interrupt node from prom
2. le0: card failed to initialize
ledma: buffers at 0xfd000000 have become unwritable!
panic: ledma: to many DMA failures.
3. esp0: sync nego not completed!
4. le0: lost carrier (using 10T port, no network access)
5. Successfull boot to multiuser!
6. Illegal Instruction (fails trying to load primary boot)
Are there different link flags I should be trying for TPE or AUI?
Everything I have is on TPE.
Is there any chance of getting VME support? I can then test out
the old galaxy boards (600 series).