Subject: Problems booting from HD...
To: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/16/1995 10:11:44
>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org> writes:

Mike> 	I finally got NetBSD 1.1 installed on to the hard disk (the
Mike> only SCSI device on this machine) on my 4/110.  Now my problem
Mike> is that when I type "b sd(0,0,0)" at the PROM monitor, the PROM
Mike> monitor gives me "Device not found".  Prior to that I was net
Mike> booting from ie() which worked just fine.  The disk is
Mike> definitely there because when I net boot and mount the disk
Mike> partitions, everything works just fine.

Mike> 	I noticed in the NetBSD 1.1 INSTALL document that it tells how
Mike> to specify the NetBSD kernel using the "OpenBOOT ROM", but I
Mike> cannot put my PROM monitor into "new" mode using "n" at the ">"
Mike> prompt.

	I suspect here that you haven't got your boot program in place
on that drive (but I could be wrong).  See the instructions with
'installboot' which is in the sys/arch/sparc/stand directory.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |