Subject: problems with compiling the kernel.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/18/1995 16:19:45
	My latest sup was on the 17th.  I have been trying to compile
a new kernel (to cut some things out).  At first, I tried removing NFS
support.  This got me:

intr.o: Undefined symbol '_arpintr'

	from the link.  "OK," I thought, "We don't support a  kernel
w/o NFS.  I'll complain about that later."

	So... I put NFS client and server back into the kernel.  Then
I did config REPEAT;cd ../compile/REPEAT;make clean;make depend;make
... which made the new kernel.  Then I got:

2x autoconf.o: Undefined symbol '_nfsbootdevname'

and

intr.o: Undefined symbol '_arpintr'

(And a partridge in a pare tree?)

Anyways... When I get the thing back online, I'll sup again, but last
night's sup report looked like it only affected the Sun3.

Any ideas?

Dave.

|David Gilbert, PCI, Inc., Richmond Hill      | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca               |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |