Subject: Re: Changing serial parameters.
To: David Jones <dej@achilles.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/16/1995 08:57:55
On Thu, 16 Nov 1995 07:54:01 -0500 (EST)
 dej@achilles.net (David Jones) wrote:

 > But seriously, how much faster is my Sun4-100 expected to be over my 16-MHz
 > Amiga 3000?

I used to have an 25MHz A3000 running NetBSD, 12mb RAM.  It wasn't _too_
pokey.  I don't have the Amiga anymore, but I do have an MVME-147, which
is basically that A3000 on a board without all the graphics hardware.  In
terms of running programs, and considering that my 4/260 doesn't
understand DMA and the MVME-147 is diskless, programs seems to run at
about the same speed.  Maybe when I have time, I'll run a couple of
benchmarks (like dhry and contex or something...)

Jason R. Thorpe                                         thorpej@Xenotropic.COM

           Just me and my collection of obsolete computer gear(s).