Subject: Re: Netscape - the plot thickens
To: None <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/16/1995 09:56:25

> Just out of curiosity; why 0xE0000000 instead of 0x0?
I did not bother to look further; there may well be better ways to patch
this up (best way is to send a PR to netscape.com :-).

> Would this break if it was on a sun4m?
There's a chance it would. It depends on your stack limit setting and
other memory usages.

Note, I merely said it made the "Illegal Instruction" go away. Had I
actually a need to run netscape, I might have taken a better look :-)

> How hard would it be to change the VM such

I think I'll have a look at it soonish..

-pk