Subject: netbsd 1.1 install question
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Killourhy <killourh@chaph.usc.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/16/1995 00:11:49
The installation instructions for netbsd/sparc include the following:

First, you must setup a diskless client configuration on a server. Consult
your server installation documents on how to proceed with this.

Huh? I have no idea what this means. I don't even know what type of
server this is referring to. (NFS?) Can someone please point me in the
right direction? I have no experience with sparcs at all, and I'm trying
to get a couple of SS1's we just bought running something, anything...

My unix setup experience is limited to the mac68k port of netbsd, and
I don't really know much about setting up networked systems, nfs,
or diskless booting.

thanks for any help you can give.

-peace.