Subject: Changing serial parameters.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/15/1995 21:57:32
	I would like to see the following change commited... change
ZLRB_RING_SIZE to 4096 and ZLRB_RING_MASK to 4095 in zsvar.h.  I have
made this change at someone's suggestion and it works like a charm.
On my Sun4/260, I can't run PPP at 19200 w/o this change.  The current
size is 256.

	For those who don't know... what this changes is the size of
the secondary fifo (called the ring in this case) for the serial
ports.  It almost entirely eliminates complaints about the keyboard
and mouse... and makes it such that PPP at 19200 works.

	The next thing that I'd like to know about this mess is
whether or not the priority (or somesuch) can be bumped on this thing.
My 68030 based Amiga manages to run 19200 w/o any loss without even
the help of a fifo on the serial port.  Why is the Sun4 (about 2 times
faster) having problems?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |