Subject: None
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Tjon <tjon@wtc.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/15/1995 17:44:26
all,
	I am interested in what possibilities there are for running netbsd1.0
on a sparcstation2.  I pulled this machine out of the closet and dusted it off.
it is a nice system.  It lacks some major os stuff though(primarily a C
compiler and Xstuff).  Am I in left field or can this be done.  I have no
os tapes or anything for this thing so if I start down the road I will have
no opportunity to turn back.  it runs sunos 4.1.3 now.  The filesystems could
use a major overhaul in terms of layout.  Looking at the INSTALL file on
gatekeeper.dec.com it says that I need a working sun4c class machine.  I am
not knowledgeable about suns and do not know if this is a sun4c class machine.
any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

chris tjon
tjon@anvil.wtc.com