Subject: OK, so netscape 2.0 beta 2 breaks SUNOS_COMPAT. What now?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/10/1995 14:33:10
So Neil and Matthew confirmed that netscape 2.0beta2 breaks SUNOS_COMPAT even
on -current.  Sigh.

What now?  How do you debug these kinds of problems?  We don't have an "adb",
much less an "adb" for running SunOS binaries under.

The thing that worries me is that this mystery instruction will probably
remain in the Netscape 2.0 releases, right up to & including the final
release.  Unless it gets found.  Arrggh.

I'm willing to put some sweat into it, if I only knew where to start.  All
"kdump" tells us is that it croaks, which I already knew.  :-)

	- Greg