Subject: Compiler problems, or memory problems.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/04/1995 21:57:20
	I have gotten a lot of my compile processes dying from a sig
11.  At this point, should I be suspecting memory problems, or is
there some known compiler problems.  My world that I'm using right now
was commpiled with an Oct 15th or so sup.  I'm trying to compile
todays sup and have had the compiler die several times with a sig 11.
When I restart the make, it seems to work just fine... until it gets
enough farther to die with a sig 11.

	What's curious about this is that I'm running X, twm, five
xterms, netscape (SunOS version 1.1).  None of these programs have
encountered this error as of yet.  If they had, I would have been
suspecting memory problems right away.

	While I've got your collective attention, I have also had
problems getting fvwm to work.  I have got it to compile without
complaint, but it coredumps when I run it from xinit.

	Another thing that's been bugging me is that the 'window'
command works as advertised, but it's terminal type (window-v2)
doesn't exist in NetBSD's database, and I can't find another that
works with it well.  Should I break down and get 'screen' so the
people who use the machine from terminals don't get shafted?

	Lastly, I have a Sun4/260.  If it is memory problems (or might
be memory problems), what would be the best way for me to go about it?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |