Subject: Re: Why doesn't this work?
To: David S. Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/03/1995 20:41:05
>       Do I need obio in my kernel, if not then all the problems go away.
>
>    afaik, the sun4 and sun4m machines are the only ones with obio.
>
> sun4u has it also...

What's in a name.. we don't have a sun4{d,m,u} port yet, so there's no
telling for sure there's going to be an "obio". The name is likely to be
adopted though since it's conveniently congruent to Sun's device
representation in their PROMs. If there's no precedent (cf. the on-board
devices on sun4c's) something has to be invented -- like "mainbus" -- as
the original author of the sparc port has done.

-pk