Subject: Re: Why doesn't this work?
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/03/1995 01:14:10
> However if I didn't do that I got this link error:

> ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_oclockcd' referenced from data segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Can someone tell me what I've not understood? The kernel doesn't configure
> things like esp and a pile of other things and then panics with boot device
> not known.

Patching up config-generated files will likely get you into trouble.
Currently, the sparc config files only support declarations at "obio"
for sun4 machines (this may well change when sun4m code is merged),
and hence require a "option SUN4". As you noticed, not only obio.c is
affected, but clock.c as well.

-pk