Subject: Re: panic: DMAWAIT1
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/21/1995 15:02:28
>From looking at the source it's waiting for the fifo to drain, and
panics when it times out... The comment before TIME_WAIT would
indicate that someone recognizes there's a problem here-- has
any progress been made?

When I get the panics, CSR = 80001118, if that helps...

I managed to run disklabel -e without a panic and setup the
partitions, but it promptly did panic after I exited vi.

After rebooting, disklabel showed the new label, and then panicked.
I tried newfs'ing one of the partitions, and it went fine until it
tried to write the disklabel and panicked. I mounted the newfs'ed
partition and copied data from another partition successfully... It
panicked as soon as I unmounted it, though.

help?

  :: Mike ::

--
	       Michael K. Sanders :: msanders@confusion.net
      Free your system and your mind will follow. NetBSD, free UN*X.

 The Confusion Network :: Creating Chaos out of Anarchy for a Better Tomorrow
    cut these eyes and i will see