Subject: Re: X server dies...
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/15/1995 14:48:35

> I'm using the Sep 16th binaries and occasionally when I do something
> that causes a beep (like mistyping something in vi or emacs) the X
> server dies. It's happened with both XsunMono and Xsun. When
> it dies, the beep is sustained until I log back in and hit a
> key... any ideas what's wrong or how to fix it?

mrg send-pr'ed a while back, pk, and myself have also had this problem.
I got a trace of it and there appears to be no default hander for a
specific signal so X just quits :( It's over my head but I did pass the
trace to mrg.

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae.                                            Demon Internet
neil@demon.net