Subject: Re: Got copy of Kgdb that's been Hacked for NetBSD?
To: None <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
From: Pete Delaney <pete@RockyMountain.rahul.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/11/1995 18:16:55
Hi Aaron:

	I picked up a copy of your patches to gdb and I'm ftping the Gerneric 4.14
from MIT as you suggested in your README. I was surprised to see so many changes
necessary for NetBSD, like the changed bzero. I was wondering if you could write
up a README with an explaination for the reason for these changes some time. I hacked
on gdb for the Auspex NP and FP using a remote-plum interface and found the remote
protocol of gdb sufficient with the kgdb stub that linkes into the Auspex Host Processor
kernel like kadb. I think a general description of the idea behind these changes would
be interesting to read and might come in handy to bolt your changes in to the TCL/TK version
of gdb.

	I though you most likely know what the ineraction is between you gdb remote interface
and the NetBSD builtin Kernel Debugger (DDB). I'm currently have the kernel compiled -g and with
DDB and KGDB enabled, but haven't modified the boot blocks yet so that DDB can use the -g info.
Am I going to need a seperate kernel to use gdb or can I use them together in the same kernel?

-pete