Subject: Re: boot without init.
To: matthew green , David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
From: Head Anarchy Conquest Knight Esquire of the Realm <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/10/1995 09:36:27
You can always do

ok boot /netbsd -s

This will prevent "net" from being interpreted.

[Personally, on the last machine I had access to, I ended up redefining
PATH_UNIX to "/vmunix", just because of my take on the situation:  Copy-
right laws notwithstanding, NetBSD == 4.4(.1,2) BSD UNIX to me.  Maybe it
was my upbringing on a VAX 11/750 running 4.2 BSD (so I'm a latecomer!).]

#define AUTHOR "mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au (matthew green)"

/*
 * this depends on your prom.  older proms (i know that v1.3 does this)
 * interprets the `boot netbsd -s' as 'boot the file "bsd" from the "net"
 * device with the args "-s"'.  the 2.3 and 2.4 once i've got with me
 * now do it properly as 'boot "netbsd" with args "-s"'.
 *
 * you can work around the older proms with `boot disk netbsd -s' (or
 * disk3, or what ever your boot device is).  it's annoying, but, there
 * isn't much else you can do, save 'ln netbsd vmunix'.
 *
 */

#undef AUTHOR	/* "mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au (matthew green)" */

				--*greywolf;