Subject: Re: -current/4110
To: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/22/1995 11:22:34

> One last thing: I'm ordering a Weitek chip upgrade for this new [sic] SS2;
> (a) anyone know a good cheap source for them (plus the tool)? (b) once I
> have it, and have a chance of rebuilding the world in between sup's, is there
> any air-tight set of steps to going from 1.0 to -current?  Should I just
> assume that whatever the last set of steps that Alistair posted (I assume
> for the i386 port) will work?

A few people have asked me this, I believe it to be better to install
thecurrent snapshot that pk made a few months back.

I tried going from 1.0 to current when I first started to get into netbsd.
It was not a pleasant time :-) I lost lots of hair, thankfully though lots
of people here helped me out.

I'm about to newfs netbsd.demon.co.uk and reinstall it completely, I've a
funny feeling I may have broke something on it as I'm having all sorts of
problems with hanging processes, file locking and lots of other stuff. I
still convinced the process hangs are esp.c. I'm taring my home directory
to DAT hopefully esp will last that long...

Regards,
neil.
Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae.                                            Demon Internet
neil@demon.net