Subject: Re: 4.4 filesystem format
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/1995 12:49:45

> On Wed, 20 Sep 95 21:21:02 PDT
>  Rob Windsor <windsor@synopsys.com> wrote:
>
>  > If I am using the 4.2 filesystem, what are the procedures to upgrade?  I
>  > would like to go ahead and do that now before I put much on the system.
>
> Well, once you have boot code in place that groks the 4.4 FFS, go into
> single-user and run `fsck -c2' ... if the filesystem is already in 4.4
> format, it won't ask you if you want to convert.

Is there any benefits to doing this? And what do I need to do to make my
IPX boot? I'm not sure if I feel like risking this, I can't get esp to do
anything intensive at the moment at all, I tried a dump to DAT, it hung
good and proper, but I may have been using bogus parameters.

Since yesterday morning NetBSD.demon.co.uk has had 8 reboots because my
disk keeps hanging :-( it sucks.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae.                                            Demon Internet
neil@demon.net