Subject: Re: Grrr: bootstrapping a sun4m
To: None <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
From: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/06/1995 20:11:57
> From davem@caip.rutgers.edu Wed Sep  6 20:00 PDT 1995
> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 23:00:08 -0400
> From: "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
> To: bwalker@musings.com
> Cc: port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Grrr: bootstrapping a sun4m
>

> The document I was referring to was the "Sun4m Architecture
> Specification" that describes the I/O architecture of the sun4m line
> and is an internal document, it describes the memory controller and
> other motherboard facts in detail.  It is a sun internal document and
> you aren't going to find it anywhere without NDA's etc.

I'm sorry if I didn't make my point clear. But, you can get >98% of
the detail in the architecture manual from other sources.

I should know! I have an architecture manual at work sitting on my
desk. And the info. that can be gotten from public sources is identical
to the info. in the manual. One just has to have more manuals. Consider
the arch. specification an edited version.

Once you get past a certain point then it becomes an implementation
detail. At this point the chip vendor will gladly give you a chip
manual and there ya' have it. All the bits and definitions needed.

-brad w.