Subject: In case anyone still cares...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/16/1995 11:46:59
Back in early June, Thierry Besancon forwarded something from one Syed
Zaeem Hosain explaining the history of the SCSI numbers and target
mappings, which I might summarize as the "sd0 at target 3" mess.

I'm resurrecting this just to drop in my comment, which is that I
thought the point was that this made it easy to supply the disk with
enough jumpers to set any desired SCSI ID.  (The only ID you can't set
with two jumpers is ID 7, which is taken by the controller.)

Funny how guesses turn out to be completely irrelevant to reality :-)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu