Subject: Re: theo's changes
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/25/1995 08:41:29
tipsy@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Edward Tepp) writes (in two messages)

> does anyone know where theo's changes are?  there doesn't seem to be
> source on theos.com, just some kernel binaries.

> theo says he won't give out his changes until he gets 'cvs' access
> for the project.  he also said something about he doesn't care about
> users.  does anyone know what's going on here???

Sounds like ego to me; this strikes me as probably the sort of thing
that got Theo "asked to resign" from core.  (No, I don't know anything
about that the rest of port-sparc doesn't; that's purely a guess on my
part.)  _I_ think that if he's going to be that petty, well, it's too
bad he's more interested in egoboo rather than in contributing to
NetBSD, but we can get along without his changes - and someone who
"doesn't care about users" is IMO someone we can _definitely_ do
without.  As for cvs access, well, the only way to ensure we aren't
blackmailed like that is to refuse to be blackmailed like that....

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu