Subject: Re: compiling -current patches...
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/20/1995 20:59:18
Hi,

on Mon, 20 Mar 1995 13:50:53 +0100 Paul Kranenburg wrote
concerning "Re: compiling -current patches..." something like this:

> I'm seeing a bit of weirdness on elc's: the PROM reports an `fd' device, but
> when I try to actually access the chip I get non-sense (ie. reading its
> registers result in 0xff as if there's no chip there though I would expect
> a bus error if that's the case).

True. This is what SunOS reports on an ELC:

fdc: no RQM - stat 0x90
fdc: no RQM - stat 0xff
fd0 at obio 0xf7200000 pri 11

if you now try to access the floppy (e.g. eject it), you may crash the
system. Nice, eh? ;) I hope NetBSD can do better.

Bye, Rolf